FRAMELESS SHOWER DOORS IN NYC
Frame-less Shower doors are the top choice in NYC when it come to remodeling or renewing the bathroom.
WHAT ARE FRAMELESS SHOWER DOORS?
A “frameless” shower enclosure uses sturdy tempered glass that does not require the support of metal around its exterior edges. The result is a clean-lined, modern look that is free of visual obstructions.
In fact, one reason frameless shower doors are so popular is that they help showcase beautiful stonework, intricate tile designs, and gleaming hardware.
This type of shower door is sometimes referred to as “semi-frameless.”
Our works on Frameless shower doors
Here are the to things to consider about the frame-less shower doors.
- Better Looking – Face it, they look smashing. Simple slabs of thick tempered glass that appear to be cubes of glass.
- Thicker Glass – Because frameless shower doors do not have the structural benefit of metal framing, the glass must be thicker. Glass is typically about a quarter-inch thick.
- Heavy – A 72″ x 36″ frameless door may weigh as much as 70 pounds. Compare to a framed glass shower door, which may weigh about 45-50 pounds.
- Expensive – Costs run from the $400s to the thousands. Framed shower doors easily will cost 40% less.
- Easier to Clean – a Solid sheet of glass has no framing to impede cleaning.
- Difficult to Install – Because of the frameless door’s excessive weight, care must be taken to ensure that it is securely installed–a task often best left to professionals.
- Left or Right Opening – Most frameless doors have the option of hinges being installed on either side–but don’t assume so. Check the specs.
FRAMELESS SHOWER DOORS PROJECTS
GlasscoNY has over 10 years of experience in frameless shower doors. We have developed our own professional approach regarding the design to development and installation of frameless shower doors. Our commitment to perfection has served our customers for years, breeding recurring business and bringing new customers here in New York City and surrounding cities in New York.
We regularly research the market to keep the track of the latest innovative selections in glass and hardware, at the same time keeping the prices at competitive levels. We also appreciate your time, that’s why we approach each job with rapid response to make sure our customers meet their deadlines and come in on budget.
No matter what your shower door needs are. From a singular shower door installation to multi-family and hotel renovations, our highly experienced team is ready to help assure your next project surpasses expectations.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no one standard size for a frameless glass door. Standard sizes start at 24 inches and go up to 60 inches for bypass and French doors.
To calculate the size of your frameless shower, you will need to measure two key dimensions:
- Vertical opening height of the enclosure sides
- Horizontal opening width of the enclosure base
When finalizing your purchase, make sure you follow these tips:
- Remember that the width or height of an opening may not be uniform
- Choose your door size based on the width at the widest point of the horizontal opening
- Select a door with a maximum width that is greater than or equal to the maximum width of your shower opening
The average cost to install a glass block wall in a bathroom is about $700. Most homeowners pay between $550 to $1,300. Installing this type of wall is an economical way to allow light into your bathroom without sacrificing privacy.
All glass shower doors can shatter, some without any impact. However, the glass used is usually designed to break into pieces that are less likely to cut if they hit you.